What is a 3D Formed Label?
A 3D Formed Label, like its traditional label cousin, is a 2nd surface adhesive backed label. What makes this label different from a standard label is its shape. Through the use of specialized tooling, we are able to deep draw form these labels into more complex shapes and depths. This allows you to adhere your label, or graphic nameplate, over a wider range of curved and complex formed housings without the typical peel back that can happen with the application of a rear adhesive over a deep curve. This allows you to design your product along a much tighter radius than you ever could before resulting in a more durable product.
3D Formed Label Applications:
- Instructions needed to operate industrial machinery
- Warning or safety labels (i.e., for lab equipment, food or drug safety, etc.)
- Custom Nameplate to display company logo and information
- Provide traceability with UID or 2D data matrix barcodes as well as serial number identification
- Industrial labels for transportation equipment (i.e., trucks, forklifts, boats, etc.)
- Labels for medical devices and equipment
Industries We Serve:
- Military and Government
- Transportation and Equipment
- Technology and Communications
Types of 3D Formed Labels:
- UID, 2D data matrix and QR codes
- Serial number labels
- Industrial labels
- Manufacturing labels
- Warning and safety labels
- Graphic Nameplates
- Medical device labels
- Instructional labels
- Outdoor weatherable labels
Key Benefits for 3D Formed Label Products:
Our 3D Formed Label applications are built to order, as opposed to an off the shelf option, ensuring that you have the ability to tailor the product to meet your needs. Custom 3D Labels Minneapolis MN
Increased durability & moisture resistance:
With a label that is formed around your device you do not have to worry about any peel back creating an issue with delamination and loss of identification. This can provide increased moisture and ingression protection as well. Custom 3D Labels Minneapolis MN
Wide range of material and adhesive options:
With a wide range of materials, adhesives, and surface finish options available you can be assured that we have the perfect construction options for your latest project.
Contact GVP for custom 3D Formed Label Applications:
If you are having trouble with a standard label application on your complex curved enclosure, then our 3D Formed Labels may be just the solution you are looking for. Our team of engineers will work closely with you on your 3D Formed Label design to ensure that you have the optimal shape and function to fit perfectly with your product. Contact Us today for your next project!