We specialize in Graphic Overlays
Graphic Overlays, Front Panels, Control Panels, Nameplates, and Faceplates – regardless of what they are called, they are one of the most important components for your product. They create the look and feel for your product, and are the first thing a customer sees when they look at your device. Graphic Overlays are so commonly used that you can find them in many of the products you use every day! Products such as your remote controller, computer, microwave oven, and medical equipment all have Graphic Overlays.
At GVP, we know that your Graphic Overlay must not only be functional, but also eye-catching as well. Our team of design engineers will work with you to achieve the best combination of form and function while expanding upon your corporate identity. With our experience, and your input, you will receive the high-quality product you are looking for. Graphic Overlays Minneapolis MN | Graphic Overlays Minneapolis MN
Whether you are looking to customize the appearance of your new product so that it will “stand out from the crowd,” update the look of your existing product, or to protect an area such as a Touch Screen, LCD, or LED – GVP can create the perfect custom Graphic Overlays for your business.
Graphic Overlays are the first interaction the user will have with your product. They set a tone of what to expect from your brand as well as the product itself. Graphic Overlays are a vital aspect for controlling and operating many types of modern equipment and technology. Several industries and applications utilize Graphic Overlays including: Graphic Overlays Minneapolis MN
Graphic Overlay Applications:
- Household appliances and products (i.e., TV remote control, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, etc.)
- Car/vehicle dashboards
- Commercial ovens
- Medical equipment (i.e, med-infusion pumps, diagnostic devices, ultrasound machine scanner, etc.)
- Gas interlock systems
- Aircraft gauges and panels
- LED/LCD screens
- HVAC and refrigeration/freezer equipment
- Control panel controlled service equipment (i.e., elevator controls, etc.)
- Industrial and manufacturing machines
- Military technology and equipment
- Transportation and marine technology/equipment
- Construction machinery
Graphic Overlay Design Process:
- Determine the types of materials to use depending on the final use as well as the environment that the graphic overlay will be exposed to.
- Identify which colors, text, and custom features to incorporate into your design.
- Determine if this overlay will require a Membrane Switch or any other printed electronic component.
- A design blueprint is drawn up. Sample drawings and designs are either supplied bu the customer or can be created by our graphics experts for the customer to review and approve.
- Once the proofing process is approved, we can begin to manufacturer your custom Graphic Overlay.
Graphic Overlay Materials:
While Graphic Overlays can be made from a variety of materials, range of thicknesses, and in an array of different customizable shapes as well; the two most common types of materials used to make Graphic Overlays are Polyester and Polycarbonate. Here is a summary of the primary features of these two commonly used Graphic Overlay materials:
Polyester Graphic Overlays
Polyester is thinner and more durable than many other types of Graphic Overlay materials. It does not show signs of wear-and-tear on embossed features even after over a million actuations. It is highly chemical-resistant and can endure well even in harsh environmental conditions. Due to its superior durability and resilience, Polyester Graphic Overlays tend to be slightly more expensive than Polycarbonate Graphic Overlays, and are typically used in the Medical, Industrial, Manufacturing, and Military sectors.
Polycarbonate Graphic Overlays
Polycarbonate is a highly flexible and versatile material that is easy to die cut, form, and print. Polycarbonate, however, is not quite as durable as Polyester and can start to show signs of wear in embossed key features after about fifty thousand actuations in Membrane Switch applications. If exposed to chemicals or harsh environments, Polycarbonate Graphic Overlays may need an extra protective coating. There are some situations where a Polycarbonate Overlay may provide a cost advantage over a Polyester build. A flat non-tactile or capacitive circuit where there is no embossed features in the overlay for example would be one. Polycarbonate however is perfectly suited for the type of deep draw features that are typically associated with IMD or 3D Formed Labels/Overlays.
Custom Graphic Overlay Construction Options:
Polyester (various thickness options available)
Polycarbonate (various thickness options available)
Other speciality materials available
- Surface Finish
Satin % Gloss Hardcoat
Matte Textured Finish
Selective UV Matte Texture
Plateau Flat Embossing
Soft-sided Pillow or Multi-level options (Hydroforming)
- Dead Front Graphics or Windows
- Back Lit
- 3D Formed Labels/Overlays
- In-Mold Decoration
Contact GCP For Custom Graphic Overlays:
GVP specializes in creating custom Graphic Overlays for a variety of businesses and industries. Whether you’re looking to create custom Graphic Overlays for home appliances, industrial machinery, military technology, or medical equipment, GVP can create visually appealing and functional Graphic Overlays for your business. Contact Us today and we’ll create Graphic Overlays that match your exact specifications and that will suit the applications and environments of your products.